Set the Pyramid free
Achieving levitation may require some practice. If it is your first time, expect that it may take numerous attempts. As you gain experience, you will be able to levitate your Flyte Py every time effortlessly.
You’re about to defy gravity
Levitation is achieved when the center of Flyte Py is lowered directly over the center of your base. The challenge is to find the specific balancing levitation point.
The kit includes:
How to set-up
1. Place the magnetic base on a flat, nonmetallic surface. Connect the textile cable to the magnetic base and the other end of the cable to the AC Adapter. Plug it into the outlet.
2. As you lower the pyramid to the base, aim for the exact center point of the base. Slowly lower the pyramid down with both hands at a distance of 6 inches/ 15cm.
3. When you feel the pyramid push up, gently let go.
4. Some Py models have a built-in light.
Gently tap the corner of your Py Base to turn On/Off the LED Light.
The LED light will turn On/Off while levitation will remain intact. The touch sensitive corner is located diagonally across from the AC adapter jack.
View our instructional video on how to set up your Flyte.
• The trick is to find the center point of the magnetic field
• If you feel the pyramid push to the side, it means you haven’t hit the exact center point.
• Start over by raising the pyramid up again at a distance of 6 inches/ 15cm and try again.
• Avoid pushing the pyramid down with force or side-to-side. Gently lower the pyramid down.
Each attempt to levitate Py should last less than 5 seconds. After each attempt, start again by raising the Py at least 15cm/ 6 inches above the base.
Frequently asked questions
How does Py work?
Py floats in the air via magnetic levitation.
What happens if I unplug the base during use or there is a power outage while Py is still levitating?
In case of a power shortage, Py will simply fall back on the base. Just place your Py back in levitation once power is restored.
Can I put objects between the levitation gap?
Yes, non-metallic objects such as paper can pass through the levitation gap.
Can I purchase extra levitating Pyramids?
You can purchase pyramids at our online store: www.flytestore.com
Why is the base warm?
It is normal for electronics to heat up after continuous use. Py uses low voltage, has been tested and it is safe. Please read the Safety instructions for more detailed information.
Py was carefully tested before shipment. It is just a matter of practice until you are able to levitate. After about 10 unsuccessful attempts, it is normal for the electronics inside the base to become warm as you practice levitating. A temperature sensor will automatically turn off the base if the temperature becomes too hot. If this happens, simply unplug the base and wait 5—10 minutes before plugging the adapter back into the base.
When using Py, basic personal safety precautions should always be followed. These instructions should always be reviewed prior to use.
Remove all metallic items from hands before
using the product.
• Py is created for indoor use only and is suitable for locations where the ambient temperature is between -5 C ( 22 F) and + 35 C (95 F).
• Do not use Py in wet surroundings.
• The magnetic base should only be placed on a surface not affected by magnets including iron, metals or other magnetic items as they may interfere with the device.
• Make sure all electrical inputs and the voltage indicated on the AC Adapter is in accordance with your National Electrical Code and any local regulations before connecting the magnetic base.
• Do not use a different AC Adapter than the one provided.
• Py has been carefully quality tested and programmed to automatically shut down if overheated. We recommend using a surge protector at all times.
• If Py comes in contact with liquid, turn it off immediately.
• Let the magnetic base cool down for approx. 5 minutes before touching it after extended periods of usage.
• Magnetic base may become slightly warm during use. This is normal.
• Do not put objects that could be affected by strong magnetic fields near Py, such as metallic items, credit cards, hard disk drives or pacemakers.
• If broken, do not attempt to service either the product or the AC Adapter.
• Contact email@example.com for information regarding service. Servicing should only be performed by qualified service personnel.
• FLYTE is not responsible for any damage done to any items, accessories or products attached to, or used together with, this product.
• All modifications or attachments to your Py are done entirely at your own risk.
• Py should not be used by minors or persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities without adult / caretaker supervision and instructions of usage.
• Consult your doctor before you start using this device if you have suffered from or are suffering from heart problems.
The Py Warranty is set internationally and acts as a general consumer protection for products sold and supplied by FLYTE LLC or FLYTE SIA. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship under normal use.
The obligations of this warranty are limited to a period of ONE (1) year (TWO (2) years in EEA/EFTA countries) for the Py unit from the date of the purchase by the original end-user purchaser.
This coverage period is hereon referred to as the “Warranty Period”. If a defect in materials or a defect due to poor workmanship arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period for said part, FLYTE will either (1) repair the defective part(s) at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts, or (2) replace the product with a new product or, (3) refund the purchase price of the product.
FLYTE can request the handling of defective units at their choice.
A replacement product or part assumes the remaining warranty period of the original product or SIX (6) months from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for the customer. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes the customer’s property and the replaced item becomes FLYTE’s property. Parts provided by FLYTE in fulfilment of its warranty obligation must be used in products for which warranty service is claimed.
Exclusions & limitations
This Limited Warranty applies only to products sold by FLYTE and that can be identified by the “Py“ trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to them. FLYTE does not warrant that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error-free. FLYTE is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use.
This warranty does not apply: (1) to damage caused by use with other attachments than the original; (2) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, natural disaster or other external causes; (3) to damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended uses described; (4) to damage caused by service not performed by FLYTE or authorized Service Providers; (5) to a product or part that has been modified to significantly alter functionality or capability; or (6) theft and loss of product.
The Maximum Liability of FLYTE LLC or FLYTE SIA shall not exceed the actual purchase price paid by you for the sole product. In no event shall FLYTE LLC or FLYTE SIA be liable for special, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages.
Obtaining Warranty Service
To obtain Warranty Service customers need to contact FLYTE to determine if the warranty period and conditions are made. Contact is done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and FLYTE always has to authorize the return before products can be shipped back for repair or replacement. The product must be in its original packaging or equivalent safety packaging standards and shipped with the corresponding shipping label provided by FLYTE.
Some countries and federal states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific International legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary by state or country. Therefore, consumers who are covered by consumer protection laws or regulations in their country or state of residence, the benefits in this warranty are in addition to all consumer rights conveyed by such consumer protection laws and regulations.